Microneedling involves the use of a handheld device (Manual or Automatic) that has been built with extremely fine medical-grade needles. The device is gently passed over the skin, with the needles creating micro-perforations in the skin in slightly various depths based on patient skin needs. The perforations trigger the body’s natural healing reflex, generating new collagen production. This collagen improves overall skin tone, texture, and aides with skin elasticity while softening fine lines and wrinkles. Microneedling can be paired with several other treatments such as PRP, hyaluronic acid-based serums, and growth factors, to dramatically enhance outcomes. This procedure is technically referred to as a transcutaneous collagen induction therapy.
Microneedling can be utilized for various conditions and for patients who want to improve the overall tone and texture of their skin. Microneedling can safely be used on all skin types, including Hispanic, Asian, and African American skin which tends to have higher melanin (pigment) content.
Skin conditions commonly addressed:
- Uneven skin texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Early signs of aging
- Acne and surgical scars
- Stretch marks
Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that naturally triggers collagen and elastin synthesis within the skin with maximum results and minimum downtime. It’s safe for nearly all skin types.
The many benefits of microneedling include:
- Increased collagen production
- There is little downtime
- It is safe for all skin types
- It can be combined and complement other treatments
- Skin absorbs topical products more effectively after treatment, enhancing your treatment
- Treatment can be repeated
What to Expect with your Microneedling procedure
GraceMed offers a customized procedure plan: Your provider will craft a customized treatment plan to address your needs and set goals for your skin. This will include a recommended number of sessions, session frequency, and maintenance treatments.
Here’s what to expect during a microneedling treatment:
- Patients say the process feels like having sandpaper rubbed across the treatment area
- During the microneedling procedure, your skin may become red and tight the feeling is akin to a sunburn
- Your aesthetician will apply a topical numbing cream before treatment begins to improve your comfort level
- Short treatment time is based on the treatment area and overall skin concerns. Microneedling treatment can take 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Patients may experience some mild facial redness after your treatment that will usually fade within a day. There is minimal recovery time.
- Our skincare specialists will provide you with effective aftercare treatment plans and advise you to wear sunscreen as well to protect your skin after a treatment session.
Generally, a minimum of three treatments is recommended to help you achieve the most effective results.
What do Patients think of this treatment?
Generally, most people who have this procedure are extremely happy – Microneedling Treatments have has an 89% “Worth It” rating on RealSelf.
Locations this procedure is offered
Burlington, ON, L7R 2K8
Kerr Village Oakville
Oakville, ON, L6K 2Z8
Oakville, ON L6J 3J5
North York – Rice Cosmetic Surgery
North York, ON M2J 1V1
Commonly Asked Questions
Does Microneedling Hurt?
Typically microneedling is well tolerated. A GraceMed Aesthetician applies a topical numbing solution before the treatment to ensure that the process will be comfortable and manageable.
Are Microneedling Treatment Results Permanent?
No, the results are not permanent. For best results, evenly spaced treatments will continually increase collagen production and improvement overall complexion. GraceMed aestheticians will create a custom-crafted skincare plan dedicated to you and your skin needs.
Will Microneedling Make My Skin Red and Peel?
Patients do describe having a red appearance for a day or 2 after the treatment but fade quickly in most cases. Some patients experience mild peeling, like after a sunburn. While it does not happen to everyone, peeling can be one of the signs that your skin is working to remove old, damaged cells and replace them with new, radiant ones. The peeling you experience should be minimal.