What is Acne?
Acne is the result of hair follicles becoming blocked with the skin’s natural oils, keratin proteins, and dead skin cells. Sebum (the skin’s natural oil) is produced by oil glands connected to the hair follicle. When a blockage restricts these oils from coming to the surface of the skin, it creates a backup of oils, proteins, and cells, creating acne.
Acne appears as pimples that are red and swollen, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, or nodules. The appearance is determined by the contents of the buildup and how blocked the hair follicle becomes. Acne is most likely to occur on the face, chest, or back, where oil glands are located.
What Causes Acne?
The presence of acne is often influenced by three main factors:
- Environmental factors such as: using skin or hair products, medications, wearing tightly fitted clothings or accessories, touching facial skin, excessive washing, or consuming certain foods or drinks.
- Hormones affect the body’s secretion of oils which plays a key role in the development of acne. Psychological stress, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and the menstrual cycle can create changes in the body’s hormones, prompting acne.
- Genetics does not directly cause acne, but individuals may inherit a disposition to acne-prone skin.
Acne occurrences can be reduced by:
- Using appropriate skin care products and personal hygiene
- Understanding the side effects of medications on the skin’s condition
- Healthy diet and nutrition
- Wearing clean, dry clothing and accessories that do not apply pressure to the skin
Treat Your Acne with AviClear
Find lasting results for your acne treatment with AviClear!
Unlike most acne treatments, AviClear is a chemical-free, laser process that can be completed in three 30-minute treatment sessions. It is a safe and comfortable experience that delivers long-term results with no prescription required.
Visit our AviClear Procedure to find more details about this acne treatment or to book an appointment!
Save $50 on your first non-surgical Treatment!
Save toward your next Non-Surgical procedure if you book an appointment today!