What is a Male
Mammoplasty is the technical term for Gynecomastia. This procedure will focus on reducing male breast size while flattening and enhancing chest contours. If the male breasts have grown large because of excessive weight gain, the dropping breast may cause the male areola to stretch. In this case, the doctor will remove excess skin, and return the nipple and areola into a natural position.
During gynecomastia surgery, your doctor will always attempt to hide incisions and contour them to the natural shape of the body to reduce visibility after the procedure.
Gynecomastia is a condition of overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men that can occur at any age. The condition can be the result of hormonal changes, heredity, obesity, or the use of certain drugs.
Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and impair your self-confidence. Some men may even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy simply to hide their condition.
Gynecomastia is Characterized By:
- Excess localized fat
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Sometimes excess breast skin
- Presence unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts)
Gynecomastia Surgery Candidates Include:
- Men whose condition cannot be corrected through medication or alternative medical treatments
- Healthy, with no other life-threatening illness or medical conditions
- Non-smokers and non-drug users
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Men who have realistic expectations
- Men whose breast development has stabilized
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
There are two options for this procedure, they include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best option for you. For the procedure itself, there are two processes, which the surgeon can perform. If the underlying problem is fatty tissue, then small incisions are made and a thin cannula will be fed inside, and through liposuction, the excess fat will loosen and be removed from the body. For extreme gynecomastia surgery procedures, removal of some glandular breast tissue and excess skin may be required. In many cases, this may be required to achieve the desired positioning of the nipple and areola once the procedure is complete.
During the recovery period, there will be swelling, redness, and discomfort in the chest area. Patients are likely to feel tired after the procedure and should have another adult present for the first twenty-four hours in case there are any instances of shortness of breath, chest pain, or any unfamiliar heartbeat rhythms.
For the first few weeks after the procedure, a compression garment will be advisable to help minimize swelling and enhance the results. You will need two to three days of good rest after the procedure. It is possible for men to return to work after five days, as long as they do not overexert themselves. Full recovery and undertaking regular activities usually occur around three to four weeks after surgery.
Gynecomastia is Offered at These GraceMed Clinics:
- Book a gynecomastia procedure in Burlington
- Book a gynecomastia procedure in Mississauga
- Book a gynecomastia procedure in North York
- Book a gynecomastia procedure in Oakville
Generally, most people who have this procedure are extremely happy – gynecomastia has a 96% “Worth It” rating on RealSelf.
Save $50 on your first non-surgical Treatment!
Save toward your next Non-Surgical procedure if you book an appointment today!
Offer has no cash value and not valid in conjunction with any other offers. Can only be used if the procedure is booked. Not valid for skincare products. New Patients only.
Before / After
Locations where this procedure is offered
Burlington, ON, L7R 2K8
North York, ON M2J 1V1
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C2